Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kameryn's Awards Ceremony

On Wednesday, we were blessed to be a part of Kameryn's Awards Ceremony at her school. www.scs-lions.org

I have photos, but haven't yet uploaded them to the computer.

James, Grandot, Hunter, and Grandaddy drove from their respective places to proudly watch Kameryn receive the Award for Creativity, the Reading Award and the Board of Directors' "A honor roll". This last award is one that James nor I ever received. Needless to say, we were beaming with pride.

Kameryn was saddened at the end of the ceremony when the principal was brought on stage to be honored. Mrs. Hurst, after 42 years in education, is retiring. This woman is amazing -- her love for all the children is truly like Jesus' love spoken of in the Bible. When Kameryn began crying, I began crying, which prompted tears from my mother and eventually from her tender hearted daddy. Also the emotions of Emma and Noah changing schools was heavy on Kameryn's heart. Emma is Kameryn's first Stillwater friend and playdate. I have assured Kameryn and the Watkins family we will make every effort to continue our friendship.

Today is Kameryn's last day of school and Mrs. Hurst asked me to be a "driver" for the day's activities. I explained that Sheridan would be along, as her school's last day was yesterday. Suffice it to say, I had better log off the computer and go clean out my car!!!

No comments: