Thursday, January 24, 2008

January is almost over!




I feel like it was just yesterday that I wrote the previous post. If you haven't read it, please stop and read it before continuing on.


It's hard to believe that February is NEXT WEEK. The older I get, the faster time flies by. I have to keep reminding myself that the girls are only young once and I must enjoy them at this age as much as possible. When they are taking turns keeping me up at night this is difficult!!!!


My 20 year high school reunion is this year! I cannot believe it has been 20 years since childhood ended and adulthood began. Oh.... to turn back time. Oh, to hear Cher sing that song! ha!


I don't know what my fascination is with receiving Christmas cards but I went though them again today. I just love looking at the photos and reading the messages.


It has been SO COLD in Oklahoma the last week. I mean, we're barely getting above freezing some days! Very unlike Oklahoma weather.


My depression is better but I am not back to 100% as I had hoped. The girls and I were in Tulsa all weekend at my Mom's and when I got back to Stillwater Monday evening, I found myself "blue" the rest of this week. I do think a lot of it is loneliness. I have lots to do inside the house to keep me busy but I cannot seem to motivate myself. James really wants me to get a job to help us get out of debt, but I don't know who would care for the girls before/after school. Then what about the summer? Put them in daycare all day M-F???


I know the "right" things to do. I know I need to read my Bible every day, pray, pray, and pray some more and most of all, "give it to God". I am so bad about depending on myself when that is NOT what God wants us to do!


Please continue to pray for Baby Connor and Summer. Connor's seizures are about every 36-48 hours now. Summer is in ICU after her bone marrow transplant. Please pray for Malachi's family as they continue to deal with their grief over losing their infant son. My faith is so weak in comparison to these families. My problems so minimal in comparison to theirs.... Depression is a vicious, ugly disease. I wish I could just give myself shots of seratonin and all those feel good chemicals our body produces (when it wants to).


I promised some Xmas photos so let me upload them now.

1 comment:

Ratchfords said...

It's so fun to keep on what you guys are up to. Your girls are so beautiful!
Erin