Thursday, December 28, 2006

After Christmas Blues

Christmas has come and gone and here I am with even more of a mess in my house! The tree is down, but in a million pieces. Presents are strewn about. Clean laundry in piles on the couch. Sheridan is sick with bronchitis/sinus infection. I had to go back to work yesterday - bummer!

I have so much to be thankful for and NO reason to have the Christmas blues, but I do.

We had 1,037 at church on Sunday morning. It was unbelievable and so VERY crowded. Jesus is the reason for the season.

James is home with us until January 3rd when his vacation days are officially over. The girls just love having him here 24/7.

I forgot to mention... the girls got a 1 year old miniature poodle for Christmas! I haven't yet learned how to put photos on the blog - sorry. So far, things are going okay. The dog is house broken so that was the reason I gave in and got him. His name is Prince Carmel, but Kameryn decided we would name him Karmel Kinsey (with a K) since her name starts with a K. Karmel's favorite person is James. My mom has always said, "if a dog loves you, then you've got to be a good person". We all know James is a good person! Karmel follows James from room to room and sits with him in the recliner (where you will find them both 90% of the time). Karmel is SCARED to death of Sheridan, so one of the dogs from July must have telepathically told him of their near death experiences. ;)

We spent Christmas Eve with James' family and Christmas Day with the Pierces and Fulkersons at Darcy's new house (or mansion as James refers to it). Darcy has a wonderful playroom upstairs and it allows the 4 cousins to run and play as they please versus being in the middle of the adults in the living room.

I had hoped to drive to Wichita to see my good friend, Dawn, this week but I had misunderstood her travel plans and then Sheridan got sick. So I'm bummed about missing a visit with her.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2007 will hold peace and good health for us all.

No comments: